Everyone wants to keep their immune system healthy which is why we are going to show you how to make the extremely popular lemon, ginger, turmeric immunity boosting juice shots at home. That’s right… just like the Vive and Suja wellness shots you see everywhere!
Its best to use a juicer for this but if you don’t have one, you can always use a blender for a similar effect.
You can prepare this in 5 minutes and enjoy a mega-dose of vitamin C and anti-inflammatory benefits to boost your immunity!
Immunity Fun Fact: CBD receptors have been found on immune cells.
About the Ingredients
Turmeric - contains a compound known as curcumin which is an amazing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory supplement (source)
Water-Soluble CBD – anti inflammatory that works with immune system
Ginger – anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that is known to aid digestion and relieve nausea (source)
Orange – commonly known as best source of vitamin C (source)
Lemon – natural source of vitamin C and detox that aide healthy bowel movements (source)
Black Pepper – can boost absorption of turmeric by up to 2,000% (source)
Ingredients (2 servings/shots)
- 1 small orange
- 2 small lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh turmeric (peeling optional)
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- 20-30mg water soluble CBD
- Avoid oil based CBD because it will not mix or work as fast
- JUICE: Add the orange, lemon, turmeric, and ginger to your machine or hand juicer(depending on the juicer, you may need to peel the orange and lemon)
- BLEND: Add turmeric and ginger to a blender then add the juice of the orange and the lemons (this helps the mixture blend easier, and removes the pulp/rind)! Blend on high for 30 seconds. Add a little water if it there is trouble blending.
- STRAIN: Pass through a clean thin dish towel, small fine mesh strainer, or nut milk bag. Just be aware that turmeric can stain.
- SERVING: Divide between serving glasses and enjoy! For maximum benefits, enjoy immediately and top with fresh cracked black pepper
- STORING: Store anything left in fridge up to 24 hours (best when fresh)
- REMAINING PULP: Compost any leftover pulp or freeze it into an ice cube tray for future fruit smoothies.
Common questions about Wellness shots and CBD
Is this recipe freezer friendly? Unfortunately not, it truly is best and most nutritious when fresh.
Is all CBD the same? Not at all – different brands use different formulas.
Why add CBD to this? It's a powerful way to upgrade the traditional recipe for a further elevated sense of wellness and wellbeing.
How long does it take to absorb CBD?Traditional CBD oil can take between 45-90 minutes but nano CBD can be felt in as little as 5-10 minutes.
Is it spicy? Yes its citrusy and spicy! If you want it to be even spicier, try also adding some cayenne pepper.