Make a CBD Infused Latte at Home: A Complete Beginners Guide
Trendy cafes across the world are starting to integrate CBD infused drinks onto their menus. This tutorial will show you how to easily create a CBD Latte at home using a Nespresso machine – feel free to use a similar device for your espresso!
Why it's so important to use the right CBD extract:
The key to adding CBD to your latte (or any drink, really) is by using a high-quality water soluble CBD, like MixMe, that is flavorless and water soluble, meaning it's meant to be added and mixed to any drink. Most CBDs come in the form of oil, resulting in a drink with a layer of hemp oil that rests on top with a strong hemp taste. Other CBD extracts simply do not mix like MixMe does!
Know Your Coffee Drinks
Before we begin, we should clarify a few coffee-related terms for you:
- A latte is a coffee drink that is normally made with espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam.
- A cappuccino is very similar, but it has a greater percentage of foamed milk to steamed milk.
- A macchiato has no steamed milk added to the espresso, but a little cap of milk foam.
- Cafe au lait has only warm steamed milk added to coffee (sometimes espresso) and no foam.
- MixMe Water Soluble CBD (Can use a Single Serving Tube, Pump, or Tincture)
- Espresso or Strongly Brewed Coffee
- Milk of Choice (Oatly Oat Milk is our favorite!)
Add MixMe Water Soluble CBD to the bottom of your cup: MixMe makes a Single Serving Tube, Pump, or Tincture so it's effortless to add CBD to your drinks. Add the CBD to the empty cup before the rest of your drink so it evenly distributes when additional ingredients are added.
Make your espresso or strongly brewed coffee: Any strongly brewed espresso from a home espresso maker or a capsule machine like a Nespresso will do. Or use strongly brewed coffee – either pre-made from the store or make it yourself. The strength of the coffee is completely up to you, but we recommend 2 or 3 shots of espresso. Pour the espresso into the cup that contains the CBD.
Froth the milk: There are a few ways to go about frothing milk – here's the easiest and fastest way to do it. Pour 6-8 oz of milk into a jar (or any container with a tight lid). Tighten the lid and shake the jar as hard as you can until the milk is frothy and has roughly doubled in volume, 30 to 60 seconds.
Steam the milk: Pour the frothed milk into a saucepan and apply high heat for 30-60 seconds until the milk bubbles. Alternatively, you can pour the milk in a microwave-safe uncovered for 30 seconds. The foam will rise to the top of the milk and the heat from the microwave will help stabilize it.
Pour steamed milk into the espresso: Pour the espresso or coffee into a wide, shallow coffee cup. Use a large spoon to hold back the milk foam, and pour as much warm milk as you would like into the espresso.
- Add foam: Spoon as much milk foam as you would like onto your latte!
Enjoy your MixMe CBD Latte: You're all set! The MixMe CBD is water-soluble, meaning it automatically mixes with other liquids, so you don't need to worry about making sure it diluted. Enjoy the latte and experience the effects of the world's best CBD.
- Share your creation: If you make a CBD latte using MixMe's Water Soluble CBD, be sure to tag us @AddMixMe or use the hashtag #addmixme and we'll repost it to our story!
Leave a comment