CBD works with almost every organ and cell in the body to help it reach a place of equilibrium, including the white blood cells that make up your immune system. Find out how these systems work together to help you feel better!
A Brief Overview of the Immune System
Our bodies are constantly in contact with bacteria, viruses, and other germs that have the potential to cause serious illness. The immune system is constantly active in our bodies and is responsible for killing germs as they enter your body to prevent you from illness and death. Your immune system is auto-regulatory which means it automatically detects foreign toxins to target and kill before it has a chance of spreading through the body. The powerful cells responsible for these tasks are commonly known as white blood cells.
There are two kinds of white blood cells, lymphocytes and phagocytes. Lymphocytes act by destroying antigens (foreign toxins) and remembering the invasions to be better prepared to detect future invasions. Phagocytes absorb and neutralize invaders to prevent a rapid spread and damage.
The Endocannabinoid System
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which absorbs and utilizes CBD, is composed of a series of receptors, known as CB1 and CB2 that can be found on nearly every organ and cell in the body. CB1’s and CB2’s are responsible for absorbing endocannabinoids, including CBD. Scientists and researchers are learning more about the full potential but it is already commonly understood and agreed that the ECS helps establish homeostasis within the body so the various systems are balanced.
CBD and the Immune System
As mentioned above, CB1 and CB2 receptors can be found on nearly every organ and cell of the body…including white blood cells. The body naturally produces endocannabinoids to regulate cell functions to make sure the various systems in your body are carrying out their proper functions.
By introducing additional endocannabinoids, like CBD, to the body’s circulation… all of our body’s auto-regulatory systems, can work more efficiently in carrying out their tasks, like killing a virus.
Although the CBD molecules will not directly be responsible for eliminating foreign invaders, it allows your immune system, and other bodily systems, to work better together.
Other Health Benefits of CBD
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – weather you have general inflammation, sore or stiff muscles, or other inflammation, many studies have shown that CBD is a naturally powerful anti-inflammatory.
- RELAXATION – The brain is believed to have an abundance of CB1 and CB2 receptors so many people feel that it helps cope with anxiety and the daily stress of life.
- FOCUS – Since CBD helps so many minds feel more relaxed, many have claimed how it helps them focus because other external distractions don’t matter as much.
- SEIZURES – There are many studies showing how CBD can help with epileptic seizures. Last year, the first prescription medicine with CBD, Epidiolex, was approved by health and government officials.
- SLEEP – although CBD is not a sleep-enducing molecule (like melatonin) it helps many fall asleep easy at night because of the relaxing effects
MixMe uses nanotechnology to make nano-emulsified hemp which can be up to 800% more bioavailable than traditional hemp oil.